Equipping and supporting future Christian ministry leaders
Application for Grant
Dear Ministry Student:
The information that follows contains the materials required for you to apply for a Grant from our Foundation, which will be awarded to accepted Applicants in the range of $3,000-$10,000 per year (determined annually). In that regard, it is important for you to know at the outset that we will be considering the conferral of Grants only upon those individuals who are able to demonstrate that they qualify by satisfying ALL THREE of the following criteria:
- Successful achievement, in fidelity to the Gospel, with respect to their academic endeavors involving courses in ministry;
- Financial need; and
- The willingness to be mentored in developing a relationship with one of our Foundation representatives.
On that basis, the Application Process depicted below represents our attempt to determine your ability to exemplify these three foregoing criteria.
- As you begin this Application Process, please consider the following information that sets forth what this process entails:
- Grants are potentially available to men who are pastoral students and both men and women studying for all other vocational ministries who meet the further qualifications stated in 2. below.
- In order to qualify for a grant, you must be an entering or existing student committed to take a minimum of six credit hours per term (both for the current and the next semester) at one of the educational institutions listed on our website, with a minimum 3.0 GPA (viz., equivalent to a grade of “B”).
- So long as you have a demonstrable financial need, a willingness to engage in an ongoing mentoring relationship and the qualifications delineated in A. and B. above apply to you, you are invited to proceed with your Application for Grant, which will involve a two-step process:
Step I – Personal Information/Doctrinal Beliefs/Statement of Faith. Exhibit I-A seeks certain personal information about you which will give us a picture of your background. Exhibit I-B contains certain specific doctrinal questions for you to answer in brief fashion that will help us understand what you believe as to spiritual matters. This will be supplemented by your short essay responsive to the questions posed in Exhibit I-C with respect to the National Association of Evangelicals Statement of Faith
Deadlines for Completion of Step I:
For School Term Deadline
Summer 2019 January 1, 2019
Fall 2019 March 1, 2019
Spring 2020 August 1, 2019
Step II – Financial Information/Letters of Recommendation/Essay/Personal Interview. If we determine an Applicant has met the requirements delineated in Step I, that Applicant will be invited to proceed further with their Application for Grant by undertaking the following further initiatives posed by Step II:
- Personal Financial Information. Exhibit II-A contains certain specific questions pertaining to your sources and uses of funds which will help us determine your financial need.
- Letters of Recommendation. Exhibit II-B requests two references who know you well, as indicated therein, to write letters of recommendation on your behalf.
D. A Personal Interview to take place at the Foundation’s headquarters in Barrington, Illinois (a suburb of Chicago). Please note that travel and lodging expenses are not reimbursed.
An Applicant whom we accept for a Grant on the basis of Step II will be advised of that acceptance, the School Term(s) covered – and the specific amount of the Grant – no later than two months prior to the School Term to which the Grant is going to be first applied.
Deadline for Completion of Step II: [Furnished in the communication to you that confirms your satisfactory fulfillment of the requirements of Step I.]
* * *
We hope that you find this Application Process clear, and ask that you feel free to contact us if you have any questions. We also want you to know that the foregoing has been written with the intention of advising you of the Foundation’s guidelines in handling Applications for Grants as we generally apply them, understanding that they are guidelines only, with the Foundation reserving the right, in its sole and exclusive discretion, to waive, alter or modify any requirements in the case of any particular Applicant or group of Applicants.
Begin the process by clicking the “Proceed to Step #1” link below. From there, you will have the option of submitting your application by completing an online form, or you can choose to download the application as a PDF. If you choose to complete a paper version of this Application in lieu of this online form, please send your completed Application and all attachments to us at the address listed below.
Thank you for your interest in our Foundation. We look forward to proceeding with you in this Application Process.
Bjorn Olsen, Executive Director
119 North Ave.
Barrington, IL 60010
Phone: (224) 655-1902
Exhibit I-A – Personal Information
Exhibit I-B – Questions about Doctrine
Exhibit I-C – National Association of Evangelical Statement of Faith Essay