Equipping and supporting future Christian ministry leaders
Application for Student Partnership
Dear Ministry Student:
Partnering with 222 Foundation is truly that, a partnership. While our investment is financial, it is also a highly relational investment. 222 Foundation provides seminary students with both:
- One-on-one Mentorship with an experienced ministry leader. Mentors and Mentees meet together twice a month for about 1.5 hours each meeting
- Financial Assistance awarded in the range of $2,000-$5,000 per semester (determined each semester)
Those best fitted for Student Partnership will meet the majority of the following criteria:
- Vocational Alignment:
- Men preparing for senior pastorate ministry
- Men and Women preparing for other church, missions or para-church ministry
- Women preparing for ministry in an academic setting
- Successful achievement, in fidelity to the Gospel, with respect to your academic endeavors involving courses in ministry;
- Financial need;
- Willingness to be mentored and develop a relationship with one of our Foundation representatives;
- Acceptance into graduate-level theological studies at one of the following institutions: Moody Theological Seminary, Trinity Evangelical Divinity School or Southern Baptist Theological Seminary; and
- Have at least 3 remaining semesters of coursework prior to graduation
Additionally, in order to maintain your partnership, you must:
- Maintain a minimum 3.0 GPA (viz., equivalent to a grade of “B”);
- Take a minimum of six credit hours per term (both for the current and the next semester);
- Notify us if you drop classes or if additional financial aid is received after application submission, as that may affect your grant;
- Sign a student partnership agreement acknowledging the parameters of the partnership; and
- Participate in key 222 Foundation functions which may include: Spring Golf Outing, Fall Banquet, Bi-Annual Mentor and Mentee Dinners and other community-building opportunities
As you consider applying, please review the following information that sets forth what this two-step process entails:
Step I – Complete our initial application. You will be asked to share basic personal information, academic plans, work/ministry experience, vocational ministry goals and doctrinal views.
Deadlines for Completion of Step I:
For School Term Deadline
Fall 2021 April 1, 2021
Spring 2022 September 1, 2021
Step II – For applicants invited to complete Step II, we will ask that you:
- Provide financial information pertaining to your sources and uses of funds which will help us determine your financial need.
- Provide the following two letters of recommendation: 1) a current pastor or elder and 2) a current professor.
- Complete a personal interview at the Foundation’s headquarters in Barrington, Illinois (a suburb of Chicago). Please note that travel and lodging expenses are not reimbursed.
An Applicant whom we accept for a student partnership on the basis of Step II will be advised of that acceptance, the School Term(s) covered – and the specific financial aid – no later than two months prior to the School Term to which the financial aid is going to be first applied.
Deadline for Completion of Step II: [Furnished in the communication to you confirming your satisfactory fulfillment of the requirements of Step I.]
* * *
We hope that you find this Application Process clear. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions. We want you to know the foregoing has been written with the intention of advising you of the Foundation’s guidelines in handling Applications for Partnerships as we generally apply them, understanding that are guidelines only, with the Foundation reserving the right, in its sole and exclusive discretion, to waive, alter or modify any requirements in the case of any particular Applicant or group of Applicants.
Begin the process by clicking the “Proceed to Step #1” link below to complete an online application.
Thank you for your interest in our Foundation. We look forward to proceeding with you in this Application Process.
119 North Ave.
Barrington, IL 60010
Phone: (224) 655-1902