Helping equip the next generation of Christian leaders
Who We Are
Why is the 222 Foundation Needed?
- There is an increasing disparity between pastoral salaries and the cost of a seminary degree which often leads to long-term financial challenges and debt.
- A seminary degree may not fully equip students for some of the common challenges of ministry leadership.
- Relieving the financial strain of a theological education can enable Christian leaders to serve in their mission field more effectively. (Matthew 28:19-20)
- Many students lose the joy of the Lord (Nehemiah 8:10) during seminary…training for ministry is reduced to academic achievement.
What We Do
How does the 222 Foundation partner with seminary students?
- We provide significant financial assistance to alleviate financial strain and long-term debt.
- We provide mentoring by experienced pastors and church leaders to help students grow in the joy of their faith.
- We help fill in the gaps between a seminary education and the real-life challenges of full-time ministry.
- We support students by partnering them with mentors who understand the difficulties of balancing school, work, and family.
The 222 Foundation is a 501(c)3 public charity that was founded to invest in thefuture Christian ministry leaders of the world in three key areas:
— Personal growth
We mentor student partners as they grow in their roles within their family and ministry.
— Academic growth
We desire to financially partner with students to relieve the debt burden coming out of Seminary. This will allow student partners to focus more on their ministries once Biblical training is completed.
— Spiritual growth
We provide periodic encouragement through the calendar year by assigning mentors and prayer partners to students to encourage their growth in personal spiritual development
(Bible study, reading and prayer life), evangelism, equipping others and growth in the Fruits of the Spirit (Galatians 5:22-23)
How can You Partner with 222 Foundation?
- Prayer – Pray for wisdom as noted in Prayer Requests
- Apply to be a volunteer mentor – Details to come in Fall 2018 on how to be a volunteer student mentor
- Support the ministry financially – Give a recurring monthly gift of $25, $50, $100, $500 per month or more or give a one-time gift to the ministry.
- Be a Founding Partner of 222 -Individual or Corporate Sponsors that give $10,000 or more in 2018 will be recognized by a (A) permanent plaque in the 222 Foundation office (B) in press releases (C) website recognition and Foundation events for 2018 and 2019.
- Student Sponsor – Give at the $5,000 per year level or above and 222 will partner you with a specific student to pray and encourage during their year of partnership.
- Naming Sponsor for 2019 Golf Outing -For a gift received in 2018, $20,000 rate for committing early to be Event Title Sponsor for 222’s Annual Golf outing on May 13, 2019 which will include, amongst other things, Founding Partner status, 16 complimentary golfers and event recognition.
- Considering a major gift to 222? – If you are considering a major gift to 222 or are involved in estate planning and want to include 222 in your plans, contact us. We’d love to discuss how we can serve and partner with you.
- Leverage a matching Corporate Gift –Work for Allstate, Baxter, Boeing, United etc. with a matching charitable gift program? Have them match your gift to 222. Contact us for more information.
Save the Date!
May 13, 2019 - 222 Foundation Golf Outing
Love golf? Want to support the 222 Foundation? Combine both of them!
Save the date for the 222 Foundation Annual Golf Outing at beautiful Boulder Ridge Country Club in Lake in the Hills, Illinois.
Sign up today for a foursome or one of our many sponsorship opportunities.