Helping equip the next generation of Christian leaders
Who We Are
Why is the 222 Foundation Needed?
- There is an increasing disparity between pastoral salaries and the cost of a seminary degree which often leads to long-term financial challenges and debt.
- A seminary degree may not fully equip students for some of the common challenges of ministry leadership.
- Relieving the financial strain of a theological education can enable Christian leaders to serve in their mission field more effectively. (Matthew 28:19-20)
- Many students lose the joy of the Lord (Nehemiah 8:10) during seminary…training for ministry is reduced to academic achievement.
What We Do
How does the 222 Foundation partner with seminary students?
- We provide significant financial assistance to alleviate financial strain and long-term debt.
- We provide each student a volunteer Primary Mentor who will work over the period of partnership with a student to invest in their spiritual, emotional and ministry development.
- We help fill in the gaps between a seminary education and the real-life challenges of full-time ministry.
- We provide volunteer Subject Matter Experts that will support students during their season of partnership. Primary Mentors will work with Subject Matter Experts to give students practical ministry development skills in areas such as personal finance, leadership, working with a ministry team, resolving conflict, and church planting.
The 222 Foundation Is A 501(C)3 Public Charity That Was Founded To Invest In The Future Christian Ministry Leaders Of The World. In Addition to Financial Assistance, Our Goal Is To Invest In Each Of Our Student Partners In Three Areas: Personal Growth, Spiritual Growth, And Ministry Development.
— Personal growth
We mentor student partners as they grow in their roles within their family and ministry and provide them with financial support to alleviate the burden of financial debt coming out of theological education.
— Spiritual growth
We provide periodic encouragement through the calendar year by assigning Primary Mentors and prayer partners to students to encourage their growth in personal spiritual development (Bible study, reading and prayer life), evangelism, equipping others and growth in the Fruits of the Spirit (Galatians 5:22-23).
— Ministry Development
Through each student’s Primary Mentor, we desire to give each student partner skills and wisdom to help them succeed in specific areas of their vocational calling. Additionally, 222 has a team of Subject Matter Experts that are pulled into the mentoring process to cover certain topical areas that arise through mentoring. Some examples of these topics are personal finance, leadership, working with a ministry team, resolving conflict, and church planting.
How can You Partner with 222 Foundation?
- Prayer – Pray for wisdom as noted in Prayer Requests
- Apply to be a volunteer mentor – Our Mentorship program is up and running and we are accepting applications for volunteer mentors! Interested? Please contact us at email@example.com and request an application.
- Support the ministry financially – Give a recurring monthly gift of $25, $50, $100, $500 per month or more or give a one-time gift to the ministry.
- Student Sponsor – Give at the $5,000 per year level or above and 222 will partner you with a specific student to pray and encourage during their year of partnership.
- Naming Sponsor for 2020 Golf Outing -$20,000 rate for committing early to be Event Title Sponsor for 222’s Annual Golf outing on May 11, 2020, which will include, amongst other things, Founding Partner status, 16 complimentary golfers and event recognition.
- Considering a major gift to 222? – If you are considering a major gift to 222 or are involved in estate planning and want to include 222 in your plans, contact us. We’d love to discuss how we can serve and partner with you.
- Leverage a matching Corporate Gift –Work for Allstate, Baxter, Boeing, United etc. with a matching charitable gift program? Have them match your gift to 222. Contact us for more information.